STRIPS OF BEEF IN WHISKY SAUCE
This recipe can be varied by using a brandy or brandy-based liqueur if you wish and is ideal for a dinner party, to follow a light soup or seafood starter and before a sharp, fruit based dessert.
- Cut the beef up into long, thin strips.
- Melt the butter gently in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the strips of beef and chopped onion and cook for 5-10 minutes, moving constantly to ensure the meat does not stick or burn.
- When the beef is brown and cooked to taste stir in the whisky or liqueur and cream.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly to a thick glazing consistency.
Serve immediately with glazed vegetables and potatoes or rice
Serve with a good rich Claret or Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot