user since
Wed Jan 2 2008 at 06:25:46 (16.2 years ago )
last seen
Sun Mar 7 2010 at 07:06:02 (14.1 years ago )
number of write-ups
7 - View Allsorts's writeups (feed)
level / experience
1 (Novice) / 190
C!s spent
3
mission drive within everything
Finding a way to node fiction well
motto
"Light a match for a man and he will be warm for a minute. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
most recent writeup
The Ice Queen Part 4
Send private message to Allsorts

The Allsorts List of Wonderful Things

This is the list of things that I intend to upvote and C! when the time comes that I can do that sort of thing.

Here is a node that I love. It's wonderful! If I ever get the power to C! things, this is first on my list of things to C! Take a look at How to write sex and violence - tastefully. I don't like all of its advice, but it gives you tons to think about.

Here is a wonderfully underappreciated little work of fiction: Mercenaries of the oracle: part 1. It begins funny and then gradually turns darker. Also check out Mercenaries of the oracle: part 2. Both are by iceowl.

Wonderful! Yet another great anime review: Megas XLR. I love this show and this review does it justice. I think it's definitely worth a C! but has never been given one. I'll at least remember to upvote it someday.

Expository Lump. As a fan of writing technique, I know exactly what this writeup is talking about but it's fun to see it explained so nicely and humorously. It definitely deserves an upvote, no matter how many upvotes and C!s it has already. I think I'd C! this just to show that it's the sort of thing I want more of.

Hey, look at this: Prefixes in ship names. That's stuff I've always sort-a wanted to know. I think I'll upvote that the first chance I get.

The Hudsucker Proxy is a great movie and read this: How The Hudsucker Proxy saved my life, that deserves an upvote!


I have finally got some fiction on Everything2! I was shocked that it was too long for one node, and then I realized that it should probably be split up into smaller parts because nodes should not be hugely long. So, at the last minute I scrambled to create these nodes:

  1. The Ice Queen
  2. The Ice Queen Part 2
  3. The Ice Queen Part 3
  4. The Ice Queen Part 4

Be warned! This is a work of fantasy fiction that includes explicit sexual content and is not for people under 18.

The Ice Queen is a sword & sorcery fantasy with a lot of magic, a lot of sex, and a lot of ice. It's about a novice queen making a total mess of things. Enjoy (if you are over 18).


The biggest challenge in being a new noder is learning how to choose titles for nodes. For factual nodes, the title is usually clear because a factual node has a single clear subject. However, there is no such convenience for fictional nodes.

Fictional nodes cover a range of subjects and a work of fiction naturally has its own title which may not be an appropriate node title, just to confuse things further.