Remember h2g2? They say they're wiki's (n.b.: other) older uncle. Which makes them the cousin that never invites our freewheeling, obnoxious behinds to the family gatherings. Anyway, a few days ago their British Broadcasting hosts included the site in the next (upcoming) round of budget cuts so they're a bit in limbo these days. And, boy, do we know the feeling of having your servers and/or hosting yanked out from under you or what?

Please offer h2g2 at least a thought and a bit of moral and/or material support even if you're not part of the small group that writes for both sites. Personally I think that h2g2 is a worthy effort and, of all the sites on the net, perhaps the most interesting site for E2 in the sense that we could have been more like them and they could have been more like us. We have two studies in the evolution of pretty much the same starting concept under differing circumstances. If we have the server space, as far as I'm concerned the whole lot of 'em can move in right here with us and we'll give MSU their money's worth in community studies.

Individual researchers from h2g2 are welcome to hang up their towels here for as long as it takes to find a home or just in case. Despite the abundance of poetry and our reputation for uncouthness, we really are not Vogons. Honest.

-a.