The goal is to provide useful yet accessible definitions of terms of art. The target audience of these definitions will generally be the layperson because:
- A practitioner requires term of art definitions which are both complete and
- Writing complete and properly nuanced definitions of a field's terms of art is a
task which requires a seasoned practitioner in the field of art.
Consequently, setting a goal of writing complete and nuanced definitions
of terms of art would severely limit the scope of this project.
- Colloquial definitions of terms of art tend to be more accessible and
hence, more useful to the layperson than complete and properly nuanced
- There are more laypeople than practitioners in any given field of art.
This is a separate userid because:
- I've noticed that short wu's tend to get down-voted "cuz they're short"
(yes, I understand that YOU never down-vote short wu's just
"cuz they're short" but a lot of the other noders do).
- I don't want this (soon to be) collection of short, relatively uninspiring
and yet useful wu's to detract or even get mixed in with my other
- I'd rather avoid the (almost) inevitable NFN stigma which this userid is likely to attract.