E2 is a cookbook!!
A rather disorganized one, anyway. The recipe usergroup is dedicated to categorizing all the recipes on E2 so noders can find and try them. Their Cookery metanode is the ultimate database for all things tasty. However, it is difficult to keep track of all the new recipes that are posted. If you have posted a recipe or find a recipe that is not properly listed on the Cookery metanode, please send me a /msg so I can stick it somewhere. E2 cooks everywhere will thank you!
Noder recipes I have tried:
- Thrombo's Green Beans Almondine
- sneff's Sticky toffee pudding
- flamingweasel's Chocolate chip cookies
- cvs bag's Fried Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich
- Canned Yams's Tamale Pie
- IanOji's honey butter
- Morgon77's Oatmeal white chocolate cranberry cookie
- Lometa's Fish in beer batter
Recipes I have contributed:
- Asian Maple Glazed Roasted Salmon
- kettle corn
- Soft garlic pretzels
- Oatmeal banana pancakes
- Soft whole-wheat sesame breadsticks
- Easy vegetarian chili
- Banana muffins
- Zucchini and goat cheese pancakes with roasted tomatoes
- Pumpkin waffles
- Chocolate pecan cookies with gooey caramel centers
- Peanut butter pie
- Greek salad
- Loaded baked potato soup
- Schinkenfleckerln (ham and noodle casserole)
- Italian Easter bread
- candied ginger
- Cherry almond muffins
- rye bread
Noders who have tried my recipes:
- Osmosis:"Hey there - just ate your fine easy vegetarian chili for my tea. Very tasty! Thanks for such a great recipe."
- riverrun:"re rye bread : I tried this yesterday and it worked out great. Thanks for the recipe. Keep up the good work."
Wow, looks like I've been on a node-your-cooking-ingredients binge...
Damnit, Gritchka totally killed my buzz: "One day, about July 2004 at a rough estimate, you're going to run out of foodstuffs." /me shakes my fist at Gritchka.
But anthropod informs me: "You do the best fruit. ;-)". So there!
I'm just a nut, slightly cracked.
Oh, I MAY appear normal under everyday circumstances, but wait for the right time when I run through the hallways, screeching like a monkey.
Hi, my name is Peanut and I'm attending graduate school at the Mayo Clinic. Right now I'm finishing up my fourth year pursuing a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology. My thesis project consists of analyzing the phosphorylation of a certain protein, which involves lots of cutting and pasting DNA, PCR, Western blotting, gel electrophoresis, immunofluorescence, and antibody development.
I spend most days in the laboratory. However, in my time away from science I like to read books, mostly from the science fiction and fantasy genre. I'm also a big fan of anime. I play tennis in the summer and snowboard in the winter. I'm progressing up the ranks in kobudo, a Japanese martial art focusing on weapons (Current rank:Orange). I also spend a great deal of time scraping up my knees in the indoor rock climbing gym.
While I love science, my real passion in life is FOOD. Seriously, if this scientist thing doesn't pan out I'm opening my own bakery (and doyle is coming with me!). I am a complete foodie and take great pleasure out of eating and cooking tasty things. I like to read cookbooks for fun, and enjoy trying all sorts of recipes.
I like to watch airplanes drift across the sky, the closer the better. Can't stand being in them, though...
Thanks to the following who have made my stay here at E2 more than welcome. You guys are the best!:
(IWhoSawTheFace is my long-lost white trash bro, so you watch it!)
Places peanut wants to visit before she dies:
- Australia and New Zealand
- Peru and Machu Picchu
- The Amazon
- Egypt and Morocco
- Budapest, Moscow, and St. Petersburg
I devour books, sometimes one every day and a half when I'm on vacation. This was influenced by my mum, also a devoted reader, and the fact that the public library was only short stroll from my childhood home. About two years ago I decided to set a goal of reading all the Hugo and Nebula Award novel winners. Now, at the rate of about one book a week I'm about done. Some books were absolutely fabulous, some were average, others I wonder how they won at all. For those looking for a good read, I humbly sumbit:
Peanut's selection of the best Hugo and Nebula novels!
- Frank Herbert's Dune (the whole Dune series is worth reading as well)
- Philip Jose Farmer's To Your Scattered Bodies Go
- Isaac Asimov's Foundation's Edge (the rest of the Foundation series is also excellent)
- Greg Benford's Timescape
- Kate Wilhelm's Where Late the Sweet Bird Sang
- Frederik Pohl's Gateway
- David Brin's Startide Rising and The Uplift War
- Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game (still one of my all time favorites. If you read one book from this list, read this one)
- Connie Willis's Doomsday Book and To Say Nothing of the Dog
- Vernor Vinge's A Fire upon the Deep
- Joe Haldeman's Forever Peace
- Octavia Butler's Parable of the Talents (but you should read Parable of the Sower first)
- Neil Gaiman's American Gods
- Robert Sawyer's Hominids
/me eyes the daunting Pulitzer Novel list....
Current Music Selections:
Who is Jill Scott by Jill Scott
Before the Maddening Crowds by Chicane
Current Book Selections:
Current Cookbook Selections:
"Joy of Cooking"
Lab Techniques That Currently Suck:
2-dimensional tryptic mapping using 32-P
the government is corrupt" - Godspeed!
and we're on so many drugs
with the radio on and the curtains drawn
...tests are a gift. And great tests are a great gift. To fail the test is a misfortune. But to refuse the test is to refuse the gift, and something worse, more irrevocable, than misfortune" - Cordelia's Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold
In the Unending War between Creamy and Chunky, who will be the Ultimate Victor??
Thank you, Bash.org
(Sui88) 67% of girls are stupid
(V-girl) i belong with the other 13%
(Sigurd) a sprite is anything not static
(SRElysian) a sprite is a variable object
(SRElysian) be it 2d or 3d
(TorMuck) a sprite is a fucking soda
(TorMuck) you god damn geekass bastards
serluny: how long did it took u to learn c?
serluny:how did u do that?
ReDPriest:i downloaded it into my brain..i got a program to do that
ReDPriest:download shit into your brain v3.1
serluny:how do i download it?
ReDPriest: go to www.downloadable-shit-for-your-brain.com
serluny:i cant download it something is wrong