user since
Tue Jul 6 2010 at 13:25:08 (13.7 years ago )
last seen
Mon Dec 21 2020 at 22:54:30 (3.2 years ago )
number of write-ups
64 - View ZorroBandito's writeups (feed)
level / experience
6 (Artificer) / 2736
C!s spent
40
mission drive within everything
write fiction
most recent writeup
August 13, 2013
Send private message to ZorroBandito

I was here some years ago, and have recently logged on again.

Maybe it's like not seeing a child for a few years. The changes are striking, whereas a parent who sees the child every day may not have noticed.

Of course E2 is a lot smaller than it used to be, and to some extent Wikipedia has taken over the "factual node" market (though I doubt Wikipedia tells you how to make a wallet out of duck tape!). On the other hand, the volume and the quality of the poetry and the fiction here have taken a quantum leap.

There were always good poets and good prose writers here, but I think we have more of them proportionately now, and some very very good ones.

I'm still primarily writing factual nodes because they interest me, and I have the chance to learn new things (I am not a biologist, all these invertebrates come out of research). Also I haven't written a lot of fiction, at least not intentionally ;) and I'd like to give it a try.