First I was in the high school band hall sitting in concert formation with the band. We were all playing a song, but I was an octave too high. Foster (the band director when I was in high school) stopped us and was going to have Brandon (one of the star students while I was in band) demonstrate an octave that was too high on his trombone. I was jealous because I thought a flute was a much better instrument to demonstrate a tone that was too high.

When I put my flute away (in the brass room, for some reason), I found a note and a packet of papers. I tucked one of the papers into a strap on the side of my back-pack, and took the rest to Tasha, whose name was scribbled on them. When she got them, she realized that they were notes between her and someone else that she didn't remember writing. I explained that I had not read them so they were still confidential. I was about to leave when I realized I still had another paper of hers, and gave that one back, too. I don't think she believed that I hadn't read them. It hadn't ocurred to me, actually, and I was now a bit miffed at missing the chance.

I was late for programming class. I was running down the hall but my legs hurt so badly that I was half pushing myself along with my arms (like an ape). I finally got to the classroom, the other students were already working away like maniacs. I knew there would be no hope of me finishing. I sat down and read the assignments on the board, and started working. I believe I was doing pieces of all of the assignments at the same time. For some reason, I took off my pants. I thought it would be okay. I had another pair of pants with me that I was going to put on, and I layed them out beside me. But I didn't want to take a pause from working to put them on.

I was going to go out to the hall for some reason, I'm not sure why, but when I peeked my head out I saw a couple of guys from my class working at a table, and suddenly panicked about being in my underwear. I realized that it was *not* alright and I was wearing my ugliest pair of granny panties to top it off. I quickly sat back down, where I was joined by two girls in my class, neither of whom I considered to be very smart. Both were finished, and talking disruptively. I tried to pull the jeans on in as inconspicuosly as possible. I knew I had to go back to my work, even though I would not finish anyway, but the girls were talking and they were so stupid! How could they do it when I could not?

I felt like both a failure and a socially inept flop. I wanted to escape. Perhaps that was what prompted my waking. My first real-life thought was gratefulness that now I don't have to ever finish that work or face the people that saw me pantsless.