user since
Wed Apr 25 2001 at 05:59:37 (22.9 years ago )
last seen
Wed Sep 26 2018 at 19:54:11 (5.5 years ago )
number of write-ups
111 - View Langdon's writeups (feed)
level / experience
9 (Archivist) / 5138
C!s spent
3
mission drive within everything
Writing well takes practice. This is as good as any.
specialties
getting drunk and eating really disgusting food.
school/company
various government agencies, at one time or another
motto
Sweet Jesus, I want to go home...
most recent writeup
Hukbalahap
Send private message to Langdon

XP Stoicism isn't all it's cracked up to be...


Oh, what the hell. Thanks go out to dem_bones, wertperch, bozon, Gritchka, dannye, flyingroc, ophie, Apatrix, WWWWolf, Segnbora-t, legbagede, ariels, K9, Demeter, nine9, wonko, wharfinger, Professor Pi, Jurph, Kaleja, and The Custodian for blessings, editor cools, a whole lotta chings, and words of encouragement here and there.

Constipation killed the cat.


Nodes of mine that have managed to get on the Page of Cool:

colonial mentality
martial law baby

Apparently, the gods like what I write when I'm ranting. I don't do this very often, though.

I can't take full credit for these editor cooled nodes, as I'm not the only writeup in them:

jeepney
male/female ratio
Why we long to be American

Things I'm working on:

Noding what I know

Filipino food: chicken feet, isaw, and other disgusting food, San Miguel beer, bagoong, lechon, gulaman, pandan, siopao. There's benefits to living above a restaurant.

Filipino and Third World culture: colonial mentality, brain drain, crucifixion, pasalubong, salvaging, People Power, the Yamashita Treasure, japanese stragglers, jeepneys, tamaraw, the Philippine eagle, tricycles, barong tagalog, camisa de chino, salakot, ubusan ng lahi, the Balangiga Massacre and the Burning of Samar, VCDs, paltiks, japayuki, siestas, indios, product dumping, kudeta. Of course, you gotta take the good with the bad.

Places in the Philippines: Taal Volcano, Luzon, Subic Bay. I need to get out more...

Philippine rebel movements: the Abu Sayyaf, the Moro National Liberation Front, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, lost commands, the Alex Boncayao Brigade, the New People's Army and the Communist Party of the Philippines. I am not now, nor have I ever been, a commie. But I've been shot at by people who thought I was one.

Filipinos (famous or otherwise): Lapulapu, the Tasaday, Moros, Corazon Aquino.

During a trip to India, I developed a morbid fascination with tactical nukes: SS-20 Saber, SS-23 Spider, SS-21 Scarab, Sagarika, Prithvi, Agni, Ghauri, Hatf, DF-11, DF-15. I still don't know why.

Authors: Michael Stackpole, Frederik Pohl, Clifford D. Simak.

Computer stuff: Darklands, Sword of Aragon, NEC V20, Sneakers, transparent proxy, Windows NT administrator, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, Daggerfall. Hmm... I'm may not as fixated on computers as much as people think...

And to round out the complete geek, a lot of nodes related to the Star Frontiers sci-fi RPG. Oh, and SnarfQuest.