user since
Fri Jul 14 2006 at 20:50:45 (17.8 years ago )
last seen
Tue Feb 2 2010 at 00:36:32 (14.2 years ago )
number of write-ups
1 - View EmmaG's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 8
mission drive within everything
To seek the truth - and then actually accept it.
specialties
Languages/Linguistics --- Networking
school/company
Life - Why go looking for more stress
motto
"Hope is a waking dream" - Aristotle
most recent writeup
Street Light Interference
Send private message to EmmaG

I have an unusal mixture for a personality - trained in biology, chemistry and every other rational real component of life yet have an undying fascination for paranormal subjects. It is a trend you will observe in my writings throughout - an uneasy swirl of the proven and the unknown. Works for me. If it doesn't work for you....well just don't read it then!

Warning: Shamless Plug Ahead

I am a disabled veteran. In fact the USAF still doesn't quite comprehend how I fell fifteen from an inverted climb while suffering from walking pnuemonia. I mean really, just because I had a 104F fever and could barely breath or talk above whisper, shouldn't have slowed me down! Anyway, I spent several years in, and then when it became apparent, repulsively so, that I wasn't going to get any help from my specailist in the USAF (I've met cheese with more brain activity then those doctors!) my GP fought to get me out. He hoped the VA system might be able to take better care of me. It hasn't.

So - if you suddenly get an inkling, or have a day off with nothing to do except pull cat hairs from your car seat fabric with teasers; please, please, please write to your Senator and/or Congressman telling them you want better care for veterans. Especially those injured in the line of duty, whether home front or in the hot zone. If you know a veteran personally, ask if they need help fighting it out. You'd be amazed with a few letters can acomplish.

Normally I don't even state my job now, since I usually end up getting requests for free help. Yes I am a free lance Networker for my father's company. And the language thing? In college I trained for three years to be a doctor, I went through all my courses and was ready to go to medical school. For some reason my school harbored the misconception that we were actually in medical school already - I lost a lot of those long lingering fears of med school while tortured in these courses. I actually became disillusioned by the end of my third year, people cheating and creating elaborate systems to do so. America there are your future doctors. I ended up taking a linguistics course at the end of my third year and loved it. I did my entire major in a year and went on to become an Airborne Russian Cryptologist Linguist. I still love linguistics it is unfortunately not a viable career option for me at this point in time. You know, wanting to eat and all.

That's it. Now no one can complain that I am one of those newbies that has basically a anymonous page.

Actually one last thing. If you are revolted by something I write, such as for some reason I accidentally insult your belief system or way of seeing the world, you can tell me. Nicely. It's the same way I would and will write to you. That's all I ask.

User Bookmarks:

Sort by name Sort by date