user since
Sat Aug 3 2002 at 19:11:58 (21.7 years ago )
last seen
Sun Nov 6 2005 at 23:01:12 (18.5 years ago )
number of write-ups
7 - View Dragonfire's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 59
mission drive within everything
To dabble, and maybe splash
specialties
Physics, travel, youth culture, UK, literature, film
school/company
Manchester University
motto
Latinus Mottoe Inventii Fakerus.
most recent writeup
pub names
Send private message to Dragonfire

If you haven't seen me here in a while, I'm hopefully not dead...just on an extended leave of absence. In the words of Arnie "I'll be back."


I am currently a student in my second year at Manchester University reading Physics. I am also studying very hard at the fine arts of finding cheap drinks and drinking them.

I have recently taken up both Wing Tsun Kung Fu and the guitar. I will need the former to defend myself from anyone who hears me playing the latter as I am not quite playing like the the Ghost of Hendrix yet.

I spend a lot of my time on the net playing online games such as Natural Selection and almost always on Tactical Gamer servers, one of the most mature gaming communities around. I have been a gamer since I was young starting with Alex Kidd and Operation Wolf on the Master System. I got into computers when my mum taught me a bit of DOS and then later Windows 3.11.

I am an avid reader. I try to read important books, but when I run out of those I often turn to more pulpy stuff (yes loads of Terry Pratchett). The one benefit of this is that I tend to miss most things that are on TV and so did not watch a single episode of the latest Big Brother series when it was on in the UK. I feebly try and regain some intellectual superiority by telling this fact to everyone I meet, especially when in Waterstones buying the latest Discworld book.

I have been reading Everything2 occasionally for quite a while, but only recently decided to join in noding. Sod's Law being in full force, someone had taken my usual username just two weeks before I joined so I had to make a new one up. That was a very traumatic experience having not changed my nick online months if not years.