user since
Tue Dec 31 2002 at 10:54:16 (21.2 years ago )
last seen
Wed Feb 5 2003 at 08:12:49 (21.1 years ago )
number of write-ups
7 - View Doctor Strange's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 23
mission drive within everything
Comprehend, classify, taxonomise, decompose and radically redefine
specialties
Cornwall; Cornish language; systems engineering; Old English; Norse mythology; the Dark Arts
school/company
Open University & my own software design house
motto
Kernow bys vykken!
most recent writeup
expenses
Send private message to Doctor Strange

Not (please note) the Dr Strange but a completely different Doctor Strange, Master of the Arcane Linguistic Arts, etc. Also to be found over at Wikipedia in my alternate everyday guise as user:sjc.

If you wish to mail me you can drop a line to me at sjc2000_uk@yahoo.com

I have been known to write poetry on occasion; I study early English and Celtic history; I love good food and fine wine; have been a successful professional gambler; I support Plymouth Argyle F.C.; and am usually to be found at the weekends out hiking on my beloved Dartmoor.

Musically, I have very eclectic tastes, ranging from electronic music such as that of Brian Eno and Kraftwerk, through traditional folk-music by artists such as June Tabor and Martin Carthy to the just plain weird such as that of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band. I also (as a measure of the idiosyncracy of these influences) have a fondness for The Dickies, John Martyn, Pink Floyd, Joseph Locke, the cabaret music of Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill, The KLF, Sonic Youth, Steve Lacey, The Doors, Christie Moore, Fred Wedlock, etc, etc, etc. As well as gthe foregoing I have a particular fondness for a form of reggae known as sleng teng.

Films I have enjoyed in recent years include Mulholland Drive, The Matrix, The Straight Story, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and I still watch Francis Ford Coppola's epic masterpiece Apocalypse Now.

My nodeshells and writeups
La Tene
Vafthrusnismol
sleng teng
Under Me Sleng Teng
rembetika
Erving Goffman