1. What is your name?

Gabe

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

Oh, let's see. I'm a 30 year old IT nerd, am married and have a 1 year old son. I created the StupidFilter a while back, and am currently working on launching a hackerspace in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Online community-wise nowadays I can be found making snarky comments on Metafilter.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I was an early Slashdot user and was active on the original Everything.com.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

That's hard to say, I actually liked a lot of the old GTKN nodes from back in the day, but those are all gone now.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

I liked when E2 was a very inclusive community and we all knew each other, back before XP, the exploding userbase and resultant strict editorial guidelines sort of ruined it.

6. What keeps you coming back?

Misplaced nostalgia.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

I really don't know, maybe a new generation will discover this dusty old corner of the net and build something neat.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

It's very emblematic of my late teens and early 20s, so it's a mixture of embarrassment and sentimentality. It taught me how online communities work.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

Bit of overlap for an old fogey like myself. sensei, mojoe, dem bones, jessicapierce, Pseudo_Intellectual, dannye

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

I dunno, maybe Gael García Bernal.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

Detroit.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact 7Ghent or Jet-Poop.