Chinese triads

The Chinese version of organized crime, similar to the Italian Mafia and the Japanese yakuza. Strange enough, the roots of these organizations can be traced back the Boxer Rebellion in the Qing Dynasty where Chinese rebels rose against the whites who were selling them opium, poisoning the nation.

However, from good origins they descened into evil. Just like all organized crime, the triads are ruthless in their pursuit of power, but even more importantly, money.

Chinese triad fights typically do not use guns, instead they wield machetes known as "choppers" that can inflict horrible maiming injuries to the victims without killing them. Triad gangsters are often glorified in Chinese films, and I find this horribly wrong. Organized crime are an evil entities, and they will stop at nothing to achieve their own ends.

Among the worst things the triads have committed in the recent years is the slave trade. They ship unknowing villagers from China to America, for they believe there is a better future there. Since most of them cannot afford the entire "fee", they are held prisoner until their families at home can pay their exorbitant demands. Innocents have been mutilated and killed due to this.