Can also be slang for something that is very nice, or put together really well..
eg:
That 66 Impala you painted is Tight!
In my experience, if you are in America the word `tight' usually means `close' .

John and Bob are tight
John and Bob are good friends

In the UK, however, it usually means `tight-fisted'.

Don't bother asking Paul for a loan, he's a tight $£&%
There is no point in trying to get a loan from Paul, he's too miserly.

No matter what dialect of English you speak, tight will usually mean the opposite of loose.

I can't get the nut undone, it is too tight

Does tight have any other meanings?

Tight is also one of the best men's magazines there is. It shows 8-10 pictorials of natural young college-aged girls, not silly-looking over the hill porn queens with fake boobs and pancake makeup. There's usually also a bad erotic story or two in the mix as well.

The girls aren't always "perfect", but that just makes it all the sexier to see them strip down...because they look like the girls you see on the bus or the train. Most of them shave their pubic hair to some extent, and there are also usually some close-up crotch shots too, although they're not in every pictorial. Tight never shows penises, and non-solo pictorials are rare...but if you see these girls, you won't mind a bit. In an age of harder and harder hardcore magazines, Tight is keeping it real and producing some of the best softcore I've ever seen. This is the mag you get for your 14-year-old brother.

  • Pictorials: 8-10
  • Girls: young, natural
  • Penetration: none
  • Lesbian: rare
  • Guy/Girl: rare
  • Group: none
  • Fetish: none
  • Stories/Articles: 2; one usually crappy story and one piece (supposedly from a reader) about his experiences with younger women
know_no_bounds's rating: * * * * *

Tight (?), obs.

p. p. of Tie.

Spenser.

 

© Webster 1913.


Tight, a. [Compar. Tighter (?); superl. Tightest.] [OE. tight, thiht; probably of Scand. origin; cf. Icel. �xc7;ttr, Dan. taet, Sw. tat: akin to D. & G. dicht thick, tight, and perhaps to E. thee to thrive, or to thick. Cf. Taut.]

1.

Firmly held together; compact; not loose or open; as, tight cloth; a tight knot.

2.

Close, so as not to admit the passage of a liquid or other fluid; not leaky; as, a tight ship; a tight cask; a tight room; -- often used in this sense as the second member of a compound; as, water-tight; air-tight.

3.

Fitting close, or too close, to the body; as, a tight coat or other garment.

4.

Not ragged; whole; neat; tidy.

Clad very plain, but clean and tight. Evelyn.

I'll spin and card, and keep our children tight. Gay.

5.

Close; parsimonious; saving; as, a man tight in his dealings.

[Colloq.]

6.

Not slack or loose; firmly stretched; taut; -- applied to a rope, chain, or the like, extended or stretched out.

7.

Handy; adroit; brisk.

[Obs.]

Shak.

8.

Somewhat intoxicated; tipsy.

[Slang]

9. Com.

Pressing; stringent; not easy; firmly held; dear; -- said of money or the money market. Cf. Easy, 7.

 

© Webster 1913.


Tight, v. t.

To tighten.

[Obs.]

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.