A flavour usualy produced by sodium acetate. When disolved in water the acetate ion behaves the same as it would coming from acetic acid and produces the vinegar taste while the sodium ion behaves like one from sodium chloride to produce a salty taste.

Walker's salt and vinegar flavour crisps have the following ingrediants:

Walker's say that "if dissatisfied," you should "tell us why." This is possible by sending mail to:

CONSUER SERVICES DEPARTMENT
WALKERS SNACK FOODS LTD.
PO BOX 23, LEICESTER LE4 8ZU, UK

You can visit the Walkers website at www.walkers.co.uk to learn more of their wonderous products.

Salt and Vinegar crisps have a very bitter taste, from the vinegar, and are very salty (quite logically). This combination of flavours can be unpleasant if you do not like strong flavours, you do not like salty or bitter food (In which case you probably should have purchased another flavour of crisp) or if you have a mouth ulcer. However, salt and vinegar can be one of the most pleasing flavours if they are your cup of tea.

Like all fried crisps, these are high in saturated fats and cholesterol and low in vitamins, minerals and all other sources of natual goodness.

Personally I dislike salt and vinegar crisps as they hurt my tongue when I eat them and I'm sure the masses of salt on the crisps does my heart no good. I prefer to munch upon the rather delightful prawn cocktail flavour crisps, which my friends say is very effeminate, but I have reached the fatty snack food nirvana and never want to leave.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.