"Reputation" he said as he twisted the blade.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have to make bullet points. Like sitting in the back of a class, quiet as a mouse whose hovel is being torn at slowly from above.

 

 

- Try explaining the law of conservation of matter to the proliferation of ego and the human spirit. I'll wait.

- Try to attack someone in front of the person who defends them.

- Try to undo the terror you've instilled in someone.

- Try to bring someone back who's gone so far beyond the point of no return that they feel immense stress at the prospect of joy and peace. Build them a home in which they can thrash safely against the walls and never break them. Remove all the pleasure from their pain, invading their soul/purpose like novocaine.

- Try to dam a dream.

 

 

 

 

 

What's the matter?

Is it maddening trying to retrace footprints in the sand?
Is it unsatisfying holding up the shackles of a notion you call justice to invisible hands that only exist in the mind?
Is it frustrating to know that you can never lure a person out of understanding once they're inside?

 

 

 

 

Doesn't it just kill you to know the god that you are, and the god that you will never be?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You shouldn't have asked. The truth does nothing for you. But that is why you must be destroyed. Reputation. Both yours and ours. Until next time...

 

 

February, 2022
With respect to rain. Sorry if you had something planned for this node.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.