Liberate

Liberate my madness

One of me, all of you

Liberate my madness

I just want to...

Section off myself

Put a wall up-what the hell have I done

Keep the dog at bay

Survive by saving me

Values and the game

Not a fuck-up-not a part of your lie

I am one, I am all-I'm above and beyond!

Back off of the shit!

Stand off or I'll spit!

Your garbage in is garbage out!

You don't give a shit

I won't play the fit!

Get off, get on this

Your garbage in is garbage out

Liberate my madness...

I am not ashamed

What is vital isn't always humane

You can break in vain

But you can't break away!

Even in my face

I can't see from here

But I can smell your fear

Saved-you're such a slave

I don't expect a name

You don't care-I wasn't witness

I can't be a part of a system such as this

hard eyes-glow right-in my

darkenss-again-with the sickness,

renegade sisters,

blisters,

salivate,

litigate,

liberate

madness, sadness, fuck this-

how long have I had this?

I don't need this

outta my business-

insert, engage, betrayed

my God

FRAUD


Lyrics written by:sLIpKnOt

Visit: www.sickness.com and www.slipknot1.com

Slipknot is by far one of most unique bands out there right now. This song is one of my favorites because it gets across how I feel a lot of the time about the world that I live in. I don't want to be a part of it. I don't accept what some define as being just and right, or what is deemed necessary in terms of the actions of any given state/government. A neo-liberalist might argue, for example, that the current system of free trade, or the attempt at creating a free trade economy is a positive thing, regardless of whether or not it victimizes people. They would most likely say that, that is just the way it is. So, when Corey says, "What is vital, isn't always humane," I take this line very seriously because it addresses the fact that so many systems of government and culture disregard what is humane in order to allow for a small few to profit. For example, one might deem vital the need for sweatshops becasue it allows for a large amount of profit in the clothing industry.

That said, it is unfortunate that Slipknot has such a bad wrap in the music industry. People don't realize, and I would further argue that a good majority of their fans don't realize or appreciate the lyrics to their songs. Especially with the release of IOWA, they have proven yet again that they are not just crazy fuckers from the middle of nowhere. There are very strong messages and expressions of highly intellectual thought in their music. And it is unfortunate that thet don't get the credit that they deserve.


Lib"er*ate (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Liberated (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Liberating (?).] [L. liberatus, p. p. of liberare to free, fr. liber free. See Liberal, a., and cf. Deliver.]

To release from restraint or bondage; to set at liberty; to free; to manumit; to disengage; as, to liberate a slave or prisoner; to liberate the mind from prejudice; to liberate gases.

Syn. -- To deliver; free; release. See Deliver.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.