A nice definition about independence, according to www.globalring.org
We like the word 'Independent'. And we would like to give it a really broad meaning, one that could describe a certain attitude when observing reality and acting in consequence.
Usually, the Independent feature is used to depict, within a given profession or field, an entity capable of taking decisions and keeping an identity autonomously.
However, being so deeply ingrained in profession a substantial trait of what we could imagine as a 'total' Independence is lost: professions imply a taken position regarding who you do what you do for. Profession and integration are synonyms.
What independent style could we think of that combines all nowadays' possibilities in the service of creative autonomy, for individuals as well as organizations?
Each of the resultant aspects of this Independence defines different development characteristics, and a permanent tension with the danger of dependence.
Therefore, six main features can be observed:
- Geographical Independence: the world without boundaries is a space for experimentation, nourishment and challenge. Culture in a broad sense is the place for learning and taking sides.
- Practical Independence: dependence on technics, professions or concrete habits fades. They are only used for the benefit of a free and active existence.
- Spontaneous Independence: the extremely dynamic changes suggest an unheard-of distrust towards heritage and slow accumulation.
- Expansive Independence: the broadness in the perception of the possibilities encourages ambition, the search for power in the broadest sense. Without this, it turns into doing without.
- Independence of Vision: not only corporate commitments disappear, but also bonds to local and punctual aims.
- Social-Organic Independence: Independence develops and flourishes thanks to synchronicity among independent individuals by the means of light organizations.