iMacros is the world's first browser-based macro recorder. It's a web browser script for Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. It can record and replay anything you can do in a web browser. If there's task or loop you need done upto 99,999 times, this is the program for you. It's smart and easy to use...

It can be downloaded here.

Best addon available to a web browser

It comes in an extension or addon to your web browser. Adding a small button in your navigation bar, makes opening and closing it a breeze. You can add time limits, time outs, and time waits, into your script. You can have it enter text, like login information, or even log information the browser finds that you want retrieved. Anything your mouse and keyboard can do, iMacros can pretty much duplicate. I warn you, however, that it requires quite a bit of computer memory/RAM to run. Excessively above half a Gig of RAM if performing in certain ways. I imagine that you can lower its settings, run it slower, or don't open as many browsers as I do to avoid that mess.

There is a slight difference between iMacros in Mozilla and Internet Explorer. The Internet Explorer version actually appears to be more updated, and has some additional features. Besides that, when using Internet Explorer you can open multiple browsers (not tabs) and not have issues with them linking. For instance, if you're in facebook account #1 on browser #1 you could not open a second facebook account on browser #2 in Mozilla. However, with IE you can. That goes for many online accounts, like hotmail etc.

Web chores begone!

If you're a beginner at these sorts of programs, don't sweat it. I started using iMacros and within the first couple of hours I had successfully starting making my own working scripts. When you create one, and watch it for the first time, you feel like God. Okay maybe not, but if you want to know why geeks like to become programmers, this is why. (You get to watch your creation function completely on its own) If you're an expert, this program's value skyrockets for you, just don't hack into US-CERT, okay?

Online gamers can now go to sleep.

A practical use for a gamer would be to have iMacros continually login to your web-based game. For instance, it could continually store gold into diamonds like in http://www.lordsgame.com. Or in the Facebook application, Knighthood, it could use gold you have stored to heal your vassals while attacks on your kingdom occur. All while you're asleep, at school, or even work. Now I have no idea what a professional would do with iMacros, but they do have a commercial version available. I do know it's capable of checking stock prices and creating reports. There really isn't a limit to the value of this program.

Here's a copy of one of the demo scripts. It creates some frames, then moves, adjusts, and edits them, all before your eyes.

VERSION BUILD=4201129
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/imacros/demo/v6/frames/index.htm
'Slow down so user can see what we are doing...
SET !REPLAYSPEED MEDIUM
FRAME F=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:f2 ATTR=NAME:T1 CONTENT=F2
FRAME F=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:f3 ATTR=NAME:T1 CONTENT=F3
FRAME F=4
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:f3 ATTR=NAME:T1 CONTENT=F4
FRAME F=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:f5 ATTR=NAME:T1 CONTENT=F5
FRAME F=6
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:f6 ATTR=NAME:T1 CONTENT=F6
FRAME F=7
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:f6 ATTR=NAME:T1 CONTENT=F7
FRAME F=8
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:f8 ATTR=NAME:T1 CONTENT=F8
WAIT SECONDS=1
FRAME F=7
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=HREF:http://www.iopus.com/imacros/demo/v6/frames/subframe.htm
FRAME F=8
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:sf1 ATTR=NAME:T1 CONTENT=Moreframes
FRAME F=9
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:sf2 ATTR=NAME:T1 CONTENT=Onemore...
FRAME F=10
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:sf3 ATTR=NAME:T1 CONTENT=Macrocompleted
WAIT SECONDS=5
URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/imacros/home/msg/ok.htm

System Requirements

Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP or Server 2003 with 486 or higher processor (Pentium recommended) 8MB of free hard drive space for installation Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher. I have successfully used it on Windows Vista on Internet Explorer 7.0 and Mozilla.

It's like HTML, but its so much more.

"Q: Are there conditional statements like if... then...else in the iMacros macro language?

The iMacros language itself is designed as a descriptive language (similar to HTML) and does not contain conditional statements. We did not add such statements as we do not think that our customers should have to attend week-long seminars just to learn yet another proprietary scripting or programming language.

Instead, we created the powerful Scripting Interface that allows you to use iMacros with every Windows Scripting or programming language on the planet. Examples are VBS, VB, VBA, VB.NET, Perl, Java, Foxpro, C, C++, C#, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP and many more. These languages are used by millions of computer users, are reliable and very well documented. We also added a command line interface for use with batch files and task scheduler." (FAQ)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.