Not all gringo
s speak gringo spanish
, but most of
them wear a gringo uniform
It usually includes:
- dark glasses
- tennis shoes or (the horror !) Tevas with socks (observation due to ailie).
- big heavy sunblock-smeared Lonely Planet guide
- extra impedimenta, usually a camera bag.
- 1.5 liter plastic water bottle, half empty (and half full, if you want to see it that way).
- Fear and terror of the natives.
A non-humorous t-shirt is occasionally found as well.
The gringo uniform allows other people to spot gringos
from about 200 meters away, and could actually be used
in lieu of a passport.