Animal heads on the wall. Like Gascon in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. It's supposed to be a sign of manliness or virility or something. "Hey! I killed Bambi! Rock on!".

On an episode of Fawlty Towers, Basil Fawlty (John Cleese) tries to mount a moose head up on the wall of the hotel, only to have it fall on his head. The running gag in that episode is that The Major keeps on hearing voices from the moose head so he thinks it's robotic or something. ("Japanese, is it?" "Canadian, I think." "Well, I didn't know the Canadians were as clever as that!") Really, though, the voices come from Manuel, the Spanish bell boy.

There is an old fashioned barber shop in Baytown, Texas called "The Trophy Barber Shop."
The trophies are, of course, dead things. The place is filled with, quite literally, hundreds of dead animals.

They have the obligitory elephant's foot trashcan. They have an actual polar bear, on it's hind legs (very menacing posture), standing about nine feet tall. They have dozens of smaller mammals, reptiles, birds. The place is just stuffed with dead animals/animal parts.

This was a very scary place as a young child. All of these dead things are in "lifelike" poses, snarling, clawing in effigy. Sort of.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.