In the Elder Scrolls series of PC roleplaying games, the district of Vvardenfell belongs to the geographical region of Morrowind, in the Empire of Tamriel. The Vvardenfell district consists of Vvardefell Island, a greater land mass within the continent, surrounded by the Inner Sea.

Vvardenfell is made up of several local regions:

  • The Ascadian Isles: Posesses the island's most agreeable climate with lush, green lowlands in the southwest. Supports most of Vvardenfell's agriculture. The towns of Pelagiad, Vivec City, Suran, Ebonheart and Ald Sotha are in this region.
  • The Ashlands: The dry, barren wastelands surrounding Red Mountain. Home to the seat of House Redoran, which lies at the edge of the region, the Urshilaku Ashlander tribe and the town of Maar Gan.
  • Azura's Coast: A rocky, infertile region in the southeast, but home to the seat of House Telvanni, Sadrith Mora, several wizard towers and the Ahemmusa Ashlander tribe camp.
  • The Bitter Coast: Also called the Smuggler's Coast, the Bitter Coast stretches across the most part of Vvardenfell's west coast. It consists of humid marshes and swamps, largely uninhabited except for the fishing villages of Seyda Neen, Hla Oad and Gnaar Mok.
  • The Grazelands: Lying between the Ashlands and Azura's Coast in the northeast of the island, the Grazelands are empty but for the village of Vos, two wizard towers and the Zainab Ashlander tribe.
  • Molag Amur: Southeast of Red Mountain are the wastelands of Molag Amur. They consist of steep ravines, lava pools and other unpleasant terrain. Still, the Erabenimsun Ashlander tribe calls this region their home, plus the inhabitants of the Molag Mar stronghold.
  • Red Mountain: The prominent active volcano located in the middle of the island. It is surrounded by the Ghostgate, which struggles to keep the blight emanating from Red Mountain from stretching over all of Vvardenfell.
  • The West Gash: A fertile strip of land running from the northwest coast inland, it is between the Bitter Coast and the Ashlands. Within the West Gash are the towns of Gnisis and Caldera, the fishing villages Ald Veloth and Khuul, and the seat of House Hlaalu, Balmora.

  • Sheogorad: A large island (though much smaller than Vvardefell) to the north. Largely unremarkable except for the towns of Ald Redaynia and Dagon Fel.

    Vvardenfell is the stage for the newest installment of the Elder Scrolls games, Morrowind.

  • Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.