A surprisingly good AM
radio station in the UK. Also available on FM
, and various other places around the world.
The playlist is nearly all classic rock - what they call "real music" - with a little chart indie and alternative in there too. There's no pop or cheese to be found, which is a Good Thing.
The station is no longer under the control of the Virgin group - it was formerly owned by Chris Evans' Ginger Media for a while, but this has since been acquired by the Scottish Media Group.
get it on:
- good ol' fashined Radio
- 1215mw across most of the UK
- 1197/1233/1242/1260mw in assorted parts of the country for various technical reasons.
- 105.8fm in London and the South East of England
- Digital Radio, via the Digital One network.
- Astra 2a, channel 857 on Sky Digital, or 12.324V 27500 2/3 if you have another form of digital satellite reciever pointed at 28.2°e
- Arabsat 3A at 26.0E, on 11.804H 24571 7/8
and online in streaming QuickTime, Windows Media and RealAudio, at:
- Orbit ch48, in the Middle East and North Africa
- Usen 440 cable system, Japan