Vegan Banana-Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups pureed bananas
- 1 tablespoon safflower or canola oil (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 200 C. (400F?)
- In large bowl, beat together bananas, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, oats, cinnamon, and
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture, stirring only until batter is blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by
heaping tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Just try to avoid
the wracking temptation to eat raw cookie dough.
- With a fork, shape the batter into large cookies.
- Bake until medium brown. Makes 12