There is, to my mind, a distinctive flavour of 'pink'.

By and large it masquerades as strawberry. Now how ridiculous is that? Just think of a few examples:

Now think of some examples of what strawberry really tastes like:

  • A strawberry
  • Good Strawberry ice cream

Do the two lists bear any kind of taste resemblance? Not to my palate. So if the former list does not taste of strawberry, what does it taste of? It can only be categorised as being its own separate flavour: the flavour 'pink'.

Revision (all of about 10 minutes later): Albert Herring informs me that in his household, the flavour pink exists as oikolect. This is such a splendid word that I demand it be formally introduced to the english language at once.

Oikolect, this is the english language. English language, this is oikolect.

I have been wondering what the flavour 'pink' actually consists of to get that wonderfully volatile strawberry like taste. Well here is some of the stuff that goes into a typical strawberry milkshake found at a fast-food chain:

Amyl acetate, amyl butyrate, amyl valerate, anethol, anisyl formate, benzyl acetate, benzyl isobutyrate, butyric acd, cinnamyl isobutyrate, cinnamyl valerate, cognac essential oil, diacetyl, dipropyl ketone, ethyl acetate, ethyl amyl ketone, ethyl butyrate, ethyl cinnamate, ethyl heptanonate, ethyl heptylate, ethyl lactate, ethyl methylphenylglycidate, ethyl nitrate, ethyl propionate, ethyl valerate, heliotropin, hydoxphrenal-2-butanone (10% solution in alcohol), aionone, isobutyl anthranilate, isobutyl butyrate, lemon essential oil, maltol, 4-methylacetophenone, methyl anthranilate, methyl benzoate, methyl cinnamate, methyl heptine carbonate, methyl naphthyl ketone, methyl salicylate, mint essential oil, neroli essential oil, nerolin, neryl isobutyrate, orris butter, phenethyl alcohol, rose, rum ether, gamma-undecalactone, vanillin and solvent.

Well personally I thought strawberries, ice-cream and milk was always the best way to make it; but the fast-food chains must know best. However maybe next time I’ll be thinking twice about buying a strawberry milkshake

I don't think that you can actually classify the flavour pink as anything. It's just pink, pure and simple pink. I am also confused as to what it is meant to taste of, Strawberries? NO. Raspberries? I don't think so. Anything else on our planet? Errrrrrr……….no.

I asked someone what he or she thought the quizzical flavour pink tasted like they replied strawberry. That can't be right, I wondered. Though upon asking several other people, they gave the same answer.

So I went out and bought some strawberries, and many pink products, including icing sugar, a number of small pink refresher bars and some pink wafer biscuits. After hours of testing I found that the flavour pink does not actually taste anything like strawberries.

Strawberries, with their sweet taste, which makes you want more and more, and pink, which after too much of it makes you feel a bit sick. So would it be Pink and Cream at Wimbledon this year, as a cheap alternative?....... I think not.

I therefore propose a new link in the food chain, PINK, as a food type, should somewhere be along side cockroaches and armadillos.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.