A set of ideals and principles on which all Zionists agree. Adopted in 1968 at the 27th World Congress, it is the very basis of the unity on which AZM rests.
The five points of the Jerusalem Program are:
- The unity of the Jewish people and the centrality of Israel in Jewish life.
- The ingathering of the Jewish people in the historic homeland, Eretz Israel, through aliyah from all countries.
- The strengthening of the State of Israel which is based on the prophetic vision of justice and peace.
- The preservation of the identity of the Jewish people through the fostering of Jewish, Hebrew and Zionist education and of Jewish spiritual and cultural values.
- The protection of Jewish rights everywhere.