Surah 96 The Clot - Al-Laq, 10 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and
Cherisher, Who created-
- Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed
- Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-
- He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-
- Taught man that which he knew not.
- Day, but man doth transgress all bounds,
- In that he looketh upon himself as self-sufficient.
- Verily, to thy Lord is the return (of all).
- Seest thou one who forbids-
- A votary when he (turns) to pray?
- Seest thou if he is on (the road of) Guidance?-
- Or enjoins Righteousness?
- Seest thou if he denies (Truth) and turns away?
- Knoweth he not that God doth see?
- Let him beware! If he desist not, We will drag him
by the forelock,-
- A lying, sinful forelock!
- Then, let him call (for help) to his council (of
- We will call on the angels of punishment (to deal
- Day, heed him not: But bow down in adoration, and
bring thyself the closer (to God)!
Surah 95 The Fig
Surah 96 The Clot
Surah 97 Power