Surah 61 The Ranks - As-Saff, 14 verses (Madina)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, let it
declare the Praises and Glory of God: for He is the
Exalted in Might, the Wise.
- O ye who believe! Why say ye that which ye do not?
- Grievously odious is it in the sight of God that ye
say that which ye do not.
- Truly God loves those who fight in His Cause in
battle array, as if they were a solid cemented
- And remember, Moses said to his people: "O my
people! why do ye vex and insult me, though ye know
that I am the apostle of God (sent) to you?" Then when
they went wrong, God let their hearts go wrong. For God
guides not those who are rebellious transgressors.
- And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O
Children of Israel! I am the apostle of God (sent) to
you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and
giving Glad Tidings of an Apostle to come after me,
whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them
with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!"
- Who doth greater wrong than one who invents
falsehood against God, even as he is being invited to
Islam? And God guides not those who do wrong.
- Their intention is to extinguish God's Light (by
blowing) with their mouths: But God will complete (the
revelation of) His Light, even though the Unbelievers
may detest (it).
- It is He Who has sent His Apostle with Guidance and
the Religion of Truth, that he may proclaim it over all
religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it).
- O ye who believe! Shall I lead you to a bargain
that will save you from a grievous Penalty?-
- That ye believe in God and His Apostle, and that ye
strive (your utmost) in the Cause of God, with your
property and your persons: That will be best for you,
if ye but knew!
- He will forgive you your sins, and admit you to
Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, and to beautiful
mansions in Gardens of Eternity: that is indeed the
- And another (favour will He bestow,) which ye do
love,- help from God and a speedy victory. So give the
Glad Tidings to the Believers.
- O ye who believe! Be ye helpers of God: As said
Jesus the son of Mary to the Disciples, "Who will be my
helpers to (the work of) God?" Said the disciples, "We
are God's helpers!" then a portion of the Children of
Israel believed, and a portion disbelieved: But We gave
power to those who believed, against their enemies, and
they became the ones that prevailed.
Surah 60 She that is to be Examined
Surah 61 The Ranks
Surah 62 The Congregation