Surah 52 The Mount - At-Tur, 49 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- By the Mount (of Revelation);
- By a Decree inscribed
- In a Scroll unfolded;
- By the much-frequented Fane;
- By the Canopy Raised High;
- And by the Ocean filled with Swell;-
- Verily, the Doom of thy Lord will indeed come to
- There is none can avert it;-
- On the Day when the firmament will be in dreadful
- And the mountains will fly hither and thither.
- Then woe that Day to those that treat (Truth) as
- That play (and paddle) in shallow trifles.
- That Day shall they be thrust down to the Fire of
- "This:, it will be said, "Is the Fire,- which ye
were wont to deny!
- "Is this then a fake, or is it ye that do not see?
- "Burn ye therein: the same is it to you whether ye
bear it with patience, or not: Ye but receive the
recompense of your (own) deeds."
- As to the Righteous, they will be in Gardens, and
- Enjoying the (Bliss) which their Lord hath bestowed
on them, and their Lord shall deliver them from the
Penalty of the Fire.
- (To them will be said:) "Eat and drink ye, with
profit and health, because of your (good) deeds."
- They will recline (with ease) on Thrones (of
dignity) arranged in ranks; and We shall join them to
Companions, with beautiful big and lustrous eyes.
- And those who believe and whose families follow
them in Faith,- to them shall We join their families:
Nor shall We deprive them (of the fruit) of aught of
their works: (Yet) is each individual in pledge for his
- And We shall bestow on them, of fruit and meat,
anything they shall desire.
- They shall there exchange, one with another, a
(loving) cup free of frivolity, free of all taint of
- Round about them will serve, (devoted) to them.
Youths (handsome) as Pearls well-guarded.
- They will advance to each other, engaging in mutual
- They will say: "Aforetime, we were not without fear
for the sake of our people.
- "But God has been good to us, and has delivered us
from the Penalty of the Scorching Wind.
- "Truly, we did call unto Him from of old: truly it
is He, the Beneficent, the Merciful!"
- Therefore proclaim thou the praises (of thy Lord):
for by the Grace of thy Lord, thou art no (vulgar)
soothsayer, nor art thou one possessed.
- Or do they say:- "A Poet! we await for him some
calamity (hatched) by Time!"
- Say thou: "Await ye!- I too will wait along with
- Is it that their faculties of understanding urge
them to this, or are they but a people transgressing
- Or do they say, "He fabricated the (Message)"? Nay,
they have no faith!
- Let them then produce a recital like unto it,- If
(it be) they speak the truth!
- Were they created of nothing, or were they
themselves the creators?
- Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay,
they have no firm belief.
- Or are the Treasures of thy Lord with them, or are
they the managers (of affairs)?
- Or have they a ladder, by which they can (climb up
to heaven and) listen (to its secrets)? Then let (such
a) listener of theirs produce a manifest proof.
- Or has He only daughters and ye have sons?
- Or is it that thou dost ask for a reward, so that
they are burdened with a load of debt?-
- Or that the Unseen in it their hands, and they
write it down?
- Or do they intend a plot (against thee)? But those
who defy God are themselves involved in a Plot!
- Or have they a god other than God? Exalted is God
far above the things they associate with Him!
- Were they to see a piece of the sky falling (on
them), they would (only) say: "Clouds gathered in
- So leave them alone until they encounter that Day
of theirs, wherein they shall (perforce) swoon (with
- The Day when their plotting will avail them nothing
and no help shall be given them.
- And verily, for those who do wrong, there is
another punishment besides this: But most of them
- Now await in patience the command of thy Lord: for
verily thou art in Our eyes: and celebrate the praises
of thy Lord the while thou standest forth,
- And for part of the night also praise thou Him,-
and at the retreat of the stars!
Surah 51 The Winnowing Winds
Surah 52 The Mount
Surah 53 The Star