Back to the Dim Sum metanode
I like mine stuffed with beef. But shrimp + tofu works also. Add more soy sauce and oyster sauce for flavor.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Soak in boiling water 1 hour. Cook 1 hour on low heat. Reserve 1 cup water for stock. Drain mushrooms and dry.
- Combine meat or seafood with salt, 1 teaspoon of oil, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, sherry, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Mix well with hand.
- Sprinkle a little cornstarch on inside of each mushroom (this will make mixture stick).
- Put 1 tablespoon of meat mixture in mushroom and garnish with parsley.
- Fry mushrooms in 2 tablespoons oil, meat side down, until meat turns lightly brown. Turn, add mushroom stock, and cook 10 minutes. Add oyster sauce and 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Cook over high heat 1 minute until gravy thickens and coats the mushrooms.