Saint John's University, Collegeville, Minnesota
Partner in liberal arts education with the College of Saint Benedict

http://www.csbsju.edu/

Founded: 1857

Location: 2,400 acre tract in the heart of Central Minnesota, 70 miles northwest of Minneapolis/St. Paul on I-94. Minutes from the College of Saint Benedict.

Affiliation: Roman Catholic, sponsored by the Benedictines of Saint John's Abbey.

Partnership with the College of Saint Benedict: In 1964 SJU began its first faculty exchange with the College of Saint Benedict. Presently its partnership with CSB offers complete coeducational academics and a variety of coed social, cultural and spiritual programs.

Undergraduate Enrollment (1997-98): 1,696; 79% live on-campus; CSB and SJU coordinate academic program, for a total student body of 3,636.

Geographic distribution: 83% Minnesota (34% seven-county metro area, 22% Central Minn.), 8% bordering states, 7% other states, 2% international.

Academic Program: 35 majors, 30 minors, and 10 pre-professional programs. Most popular: beer, biology, accounting, psychology and political science.

Faculty: 138 full time, 37 part time (includes undergraduate and graduate faculty); 24 full-time and 8 part-time are Benedictines

Student/faculty Ratio: 13/1

Library: Clemens Library at Saint Benedict's and Alcuin Library at Saint John's. 547,532 volumes, 1,810 print periodical subscriptions, 1,255 owned or leased electronic subscriptions, 255,201 government documents, 110,214 microforms.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.