Back to the Dim Sum metanode
The complimentary dish to Shrimp Dumplings with Crab Ovaries (read about it there). Sometimes served with bits of abalone, but it tastes great with or without. This is a very popular dish even at home, because it is easily made. Look in supermarkets for frozen packages. Tastes very good.
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash each of sesame oil and pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon monosodium glutamate
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1/3 teaspoon sugar
- Cut skinned bamboo shoots into shreds and squeeze water away; wash the shrimp clean, wipe them dry and cut them into pellets.
- Add seasonings to shrimp, bamboo shoot and fat pork and stir well to make stuffing.
- Bring water to boil, add wheat starch to stir well, cover and cook the paste for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil into the bean flour, knead well, roll the dough into round thin skins, wrap stuffing to make shrimp dumplings. Place them in the steamer in an oiled plate and steam them for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Serve hot.