On why I still have insomnia (but still I consider things are not as bad)

So, I've been mostly off E2 for a few months. My last node was a daylog (February 27, 2015) and that was only to expose how shitty life was at the moment.

I do not mean to bore you, only to inform you of what has happened since.

  1. For some reason I still don't understand, a few noders offered their help for the dire situation I was in those days. I won't mention their names here, they know who they are. However, I must say that your help was huge, and not only in the financial sense, but in an emotional sense: you made me see someone does care for me. I will never be able to repay you, but I'll try my best to do so.
  2. As expected, the company I was working in closed down. I was payed my wages and compensations (two months after I was terminated, but still). This money was good to pay all my debts and to live off for a few months, something that would be crucial for...
  3. Wikimania 2015 was a major success! After some 18 months of planning, we were host to the biggest event in the international Wikimedia community and, save for a few problems (mostly rain and people not reading legal warnings) we managed to exceed expectations and set a very high bar for future events. I feel kinda sorry for next year's team, as their planning is, IMHO, lacking and without real efforts beyond a few sponsorships. I fear that Wikimania 2016 might end up as a fiasco, but if it does I'll have my yearly dose of Schadenfreude.
  4. After Wikimania, I've been trying to get a new job and... so far I've been unsuccessful. It's not that there are not jobs out there, but I don't want to go back to the kind of work that I used to do. To me, it would be a step backwards in my professional life. I don't know yet what else I can do, but I'll keep on trying.
  5. Wikimania also left me with greater external pressure on improving my work on the Wikimedia projects, mostly in the Spanish Wikipedia. Now that I don't have 24/7 internet access (due to some problem with our ISP), I'm prioritizing my internet time on editing wikipedia and applying for jobs and scholarships...
  6. ...because if everything goes well, I might be leaving for England or Scotland next year in order to pursue my Master's degree. I get a bit dizzy just writing it, I'm excited for this prospect even if the odds of it happening are against me. I don't care, it's a goal that will improve my life no matter what happens.

So that's it for a quick update in my life. I haven't forgotten E2, I haven't forgotten all of you. I miss you, I miss the chatterbox and I miss the late night conversations and the occasional Pretend you're Xyzzy game. I haven't left this place and I intend to actually transcribe the many things I've written in notebooks these past months. But not yet, I still need to regain my balance, so that writing imbalances it once again.

Until then, thank you everyone. I love all of you

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.