A Women's National Basketball Association team based in Seattle. The Storm was added to the league as an expansion team before the 2000 season.

The Storm was the worst team in all of the WNBA in its first two seasons, going 6-26 in 2000 and 10-22 in 2001. That level of badness can sometimes be helpful, however, as it earned the Storm the top pick in the 2001 and 2002 WNBA drafts. Those picks respectively became forward/center Lauren Jackson and point guard Sue Bird, who are now the Storm's best two players.

Bird seems to be the special one. A member of the University of Connecticut's undefeated 2001-02 team, Bird leads the Storm in scoring (14.8 points per game, as of this writeup), assists (5.4 per game), steals (2.07 per game) and minutes (35.6 per game; WNBA games have 40 minutes of regulation time).

Jackson, an Australian, shares the post duties with the Czech Republic's Kamila Vodichkova; from what I can tell, Jackson plays nearer to the basket on defense while Vodichkova stays close to the blocks on offense. (I say this because Jackson blocks 2.5 shots per game yet has taken a bunch of three-point shots.)

Semeka Randall from the University of Tennessee is a consistent starter shooting guard. The small forward position is rotated between Sonja Henning and Amanda Lassiter, depending on whether the Storm wants to go with a tall lineup (Lassiter) or a short, quick lineup (Henning).

The Storm's coach is Lin Dunn, and they play in the Key Arena, which they share with the NBA's Seattle SuperSonics.

As of this writeup, the Storm are 7-7 and in fifth place out of eight Western Conference teams.

Sources/More info:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seattlestorm/
http://www.wnba.com/storm

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.