Hilarious novel by Bo Fowler about Edgar Malroy, founder of Scepticism, Inc - a chain of metaphysical betting shops.

From the back cover of the book:
"As the owner of the metaphysical betting shop, Edgar challenges people to 'put their money where their mouths are' about their faith. If someone believes that the 16th reincarnation of the Dalai Lama is the one true incarnation, or that his grandfather's spirit lives in a tree, Edgar reasons that he should be willing to bet on it. And Edgar never loses a bet.

It isn't long before people of all faiths are rushing to outdo each other. As the competitive rage spreads, the betting shops cause a dangerous faith war resulting in multiple popes, a beautiful woman claiming to be God's messenger, and a technological riot with artificially intelligent home appliances.

Meanwhile, there's an optimistic supermarket trolley climbing Mount Everest, looking for God..."

Quotes from Nietzsche, an explanation for Jehovah's Witnesses, Pope condoms and a likable shopping cart are but a few of this novel's charms told in a quick and terse manner.

And yes, there is a reason it is spelled Scepticism.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.