RPM is the Redhat Package Manager, a cool way to package well... packages. They make it easy to install packages and keep track of what's installed on your system, and with the addition of source RPM's, they make compiling and building packages easy and consistent.

RPM is Registered Product Manager, a back-office system for Canadian mutual fund dealerships, produced by Footprint software. It's got a text based back-end interface, in a lovely ANSI blue and yellow, and a windows-esque front-end system written in FoxPro for dopey mutual fund reps who can't figure out text and need windows, called PowerRep. Basically it maintains a database of clients, their securities holdings, and their mutual fund transaction histories. It interfaces with FundServ to allow you to place new transactions by wire, co-ordinates updating of parallel databases in branch offices, and fetches prices and transaction contracts and confirmations, generally via modem, and has various maintenance and reporting options. And like, it's got a dorky monochrome ansi logo in the opening screen that would have been pr3tty 'l33t in 1992, with their slogan, which is "Creating New Realities". I'm not quite sure how a glorified database creates a new reality, but hey, I bet if I worked all day coding financial software, I'd get a little delusional too.

RPM is the second banana (but higher quality, in my opinion) back office system in Canada; the other contender is WinFund.

also the abbreviation of rounds per minute, a measurement unit for rate of fire in the context of firearms.

Reactor Plant Manual

A detailed, step by step guide to operating a naval nuclear reactor. Each reactor plant has its own manual that is specific to that plant.

RPM's are pretty thick. The five volumes of about 3 books each are size 8.5 x 11, each a few hundred pages long.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.