This is the only section of the UCMJ that I will node. Note some of the articles are antiquated, and the last article (Article 134) can be used to charge you with anything. Actually, if you are charged with any violation of the UCMJ, thay almost always add in Article 134 as a catch-all. Suggested readings are:

  • Article 114. Dueling.

  • Article 115. Malingering.

  • Article 117. Provoking speeches or gestures. (No freedom of speech allowed!)

  • Article 118. Murder. (Excludes wars, for some odd reason)

  • Article 120. Rape and carnal knowledge. (You cannot rape your wife, according to the UCMJ)

  • Article 125. Sodomy. ("Unnatural carnal copulation")


    Uniform Code of Military Justice

    SUBCHAPTER X. PUNITIVE ARTICLES

  • Article 77. Principals
    Any person punishable under this chapter who--
    (1) commits an offense punishable by this chapter, or aids, abets, counsels, commands, or procures its commission or
    (2) causes an act to be done which if directly performed by him would be punishable by this chapter, is a principal.

  • Article 78. Accessory after the fact
    Any person subject to this chapter who, knowing that an offense punishable by this chapter has been committed, receives, comforts, or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial, or punishment shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 79. Conviction of lesser included offense.
    An accused may be found guilty of an offense necessarily included in the offense charged or of an attempt to commit either the offense charged or an offense necessarily included therein.

  • Article 80. Attempts.
    (a) An act, done with specific intent to commit an offense under this chapter, amounting to more than mere preparation and tending, even though failing, to effect its commission, is an attempt to commit that offense.
    (b) Any person subject to this chapter who attempts to commit any offense punishable by this chapter shall be punished as a court-martial may direct, unless otherwise specifically prescribed.
    (c) Any person subject to this chapter may be convicted of an attempt to commit an offense although it appears on the trial that the offense was consummated.

  • Article 81. Conspiracy.
    Any person subject to this chapter who conspires with any other person to commit an offense under this chapter shall, if one or more of the conspirators does an act to effect the object of the conspiracy, be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 82. Solicitation.
    (a) Any person subject to this chapter who solicits or advises another or others to desert in violation of section 885 of this title (article 85) or mutiny in violation of section 894 of this title (article 94) shall, if the offense solicited or advised is attempted or committed, be punished with the punishment provided for the commission of the offense, but, if the offense solicited or advised is not committed or attempted, he shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
    (b) Any person subject to this chapter who solicits or advises another or others to commit an act or misbehavior before the enemy in violation of section 899 of this title (article 99) or sedition in violation of section 894 of this title (article 94) shall, if the offense solicited or advised is committed, be punished with the punishment provided for the commission of the offense, but, if the offense solicited or advised is not committed, he shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 83. Fraudulent enlistment, appointment, or separation.
    Any person who--
    (1) procures his own enlistment or appointment in the armed forces by knowingly false representation or deliberate concealment as to his qualifications for the enlistment or appointment and receives pay or allowances thereunder; or
    (2) procures his own separation from the armed forces by knowingly false representation or deliberate concealment as to his eligibility for that separation; shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 84. Unlawful enlistment, appointment, or separation.
    Any person subject to this chapter who effects an enlistment or appointment in or a separation from the armed forces of any person who is known to him to be ineligible for that enlistment, appointment, or separation because it is prohibited by law, regulation, or order shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 85. Desertion.
    (a) Any member of the armed forces who--
    (1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently;
    (2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service; or
    (3) without being regularly separated from one of the armed forces enlists or accepts an appointment in the same or another on of the armed forces without fully disclosing the fact that he has not been regularly separated, or enters any foreign armed service except when authorized by the United States; is guilty of desertion.
    (b) Any commissioned officer of the armed forces who, after tender of his resignation and before notice of its acceptance, quits his post or proper duties without leave and with intent to remain away therefrom permanently is guilty of desertion.
    (c) Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 86. Absence without leave.
    Any member of the armed forces who, without authority--
    (1) fails to go to his appointed place of duty at the time prescribed;
    (2) goes from that place; or
    (3) absents himself or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty at which he is required to be at the time prescribed; shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 87. Missing movement.
    Any person subject to this chapter who through neglect or design misses the movement of a ship, aircraft, or unit with which he is required in the course of duty to move shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 88. Contempt toward officials.
    Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 89. Disrespect toward superior commissioned officer.
    Any person subject to this chapter who behaves with disrespect toward his superior commissioned officer shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 90. Assaulting or willfully disobeying superior commissioned officer.
    Any person subject to this chapter who--
    (1) strikes his superior commissioned officer or draws or lifts up any weapon or offers any violence against him while he is in the execution of his officer; or
    (2) willfully disobeys a lawful command of his superior commissioned officer;
    shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, and if the offense is committed at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 91. Insubordinate conduct toward warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer.
    Any warrant officer or enlisted member who--
    (1) strikes or assaults a warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer, while that officer is in the execution of his office;
    (2) willfully disobeys the lawful order of a warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer; or
    (3) treats with contempt or is disrespectful in language or deportment toward a warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer while that officer is in the execution of his office;
    shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 92. Failure to obey order or regulation.
    Any person subject to this chapter who--
    (1) violates or fails to obey any lawful general order or regulation;
    (2) having knowledge of any other lawful order issued by any member of the armed forces, which it is his duty to obey, fails to obey the order; or
    (3) is derelict in the performance of his duties;
    shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 93. Cruelty and maltreatment.
    Any person subject to this chapter who is guilty of cruelty toward, or oppression or maltreatment of, any person subject to his orders shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 94. Mutiny or sedition.
    (a) Any person subject to this chapter who--
    (1) with intent to usurp or override lawful military authority, refuses, in concert with any other person, to obey orders or otherwise do his duty or creates any violence or disturbance is guilty of mutiny;
    (2) with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;
    (3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.
    (b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court- martial may direct.

  • Article 95. Resistance, breach of arrest, and escape.
    Any person subject to this chapter who resists apprehension or breaks arrest or who escapes from custody shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 96. Releasing prisoner without proper authority.
    Any person subject to this chapter who, without proper authority, releases any prisoner committed to his charge, or who through neglect or design suffers any such prisoner to escape, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct, whether or not the prisoner was committed in strict compliance with law.

  • Article 97. Unlawful detention.
    Any person subject to this chapter who, except as provided by law, arrests, or confines any person shall be punished as a court- martial may direct.

  • Article 98. Noncompliance with procedural rules.
    Any person subject to this chapter who--
    (1) is responsible for unnecessary delay in the disposition of any case of a person accused of an offense under this chapter; or
    (2) knowingly and intentionally fails to enforce or comply with any provision of this chapter regulating the proceedings before, during, or after trial of an accused;
    shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 99. Misbehavior before the enemy.
    Any person subject to this chapter who before or in the presence of the enemy--
    (1) runs away;
    (2) shamefully abandons, surrenders, or delivers up any command, unit, place, or military property which it is his duty to defend;
    (3) through disobedience, neglect, or intentional misconduct endangers the safety of any such command, unit, place, or military property;
    (4) casts away his arms or ammunition;
    (5) is guilty of cowardly conduct;
    (6) quits his place of duty to plunder or pillage;
    (7) causes false alarms in any command, unit, or place under control of the armed forces;
    (8) willfully fails to do his utmost to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy any enemy troops, combatants, vessels, aircraft, or any other thing, which it is his duty so to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy; or
    (9) does not afford all practicable relief and assistance to any troops, combatants, vessels, or aircraft of the armed forces belonging to the United States or their allies when engaged in battle;
    shall be punished by death or such punishment as a court- martial may direct.

  • Article 100. Subordinate compelling surrender.
    Any person subject to this chapter who compels or attempts to compel the commander of any place, vessel, aircraft, or military property, or of any body of members of the armed forces, to give it up to an enemy or to abandon it, or who strikes the colors or flag to any enemy without proper authority, shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 101. Improper use of countersign.
    Any person subject to this chapter who in time of war discloses the parole or countersign to any person not entitled to receive it or who gives to another who is entitled to receive and use the parole or countersign a different parole or countersign from that which, to his knowledge, he was authorized and required to give, shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court- martial may direct.

  • Article 102. Forcing a safeguard.
    Any person subject to this chapter forces a safeguard shall suffer death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 103. Capture or abandoned property.
    (a) All persons subject to this chapter will secure all public property taken from the enemy for the service of the United States, and shall give notice and turn over to the proper authority without delay all captured or abandoned property in their possession, custody, or control.
    (b) Any person subject to this chapter who--
    (1) fails to carry out the duties prescribed in subsection (a);
    (a) buys, sells, trades, or in any way deals in or disposes of captured or abandoned property, whereby he receives or expects any profit, benefit, or a advantage to himself or another directly or indirectly connected with himself; or
    (3) engages in looting or pillaging;
    shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 104. Aiding the enemy.
    Any person who--
    (1) aids, or attempts to aid, the enemy with arms, ammunition, supplies, money, or other things; or
    (2) without proper authority, knowingly harbors or [protects or gives intelligence to or communicates or corresponds with or holds any intercourse with the enemy, either directly or indirectly;
    shall suffer death or such other punishment as a court-martial or military commission may direct.

  • Article 105. Misconduct as prisoner.
    Any person subject to this chapter who, while in the hands of the enemy in time of war--
    (1) for the purpose of securing favorable treatment by his captors acts without proper authority in a manner contrary to law, custom, or regulation, to the detriment of others of whatever nationality held by the enemy as civilian or military prisoners; or
    (2) while in a position of authority over such persons maltreat them without justifiable cause;
    shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 106. Spies.
    Any person who in time of war is found lurking as a spy or acting as a spy in or about any place, vessel, or aircraft, within the control or jurisdiction of any of the armed forces, or in or about any shipyard, any manufacturing or industrial plant, or any other place or institution engaged in work in aid of the prosecution of the war by the Unites States, or elsewhere, shall be tried by a general court-martial or by a military commission and on conviction shall be punished by death.

  • Article 106a. Espionage..
    (A) (1) Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent or reason to believe that it is to be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of a foreign nation, communicates, delivers, or transmits, or attempts to communicate, deliver, or transmit, to any entity described in paragraph (2), either directly or indirectly, any thing described in paragraph (3) shall be punished as a court-martial may direct, except that if the accused is found guilty of an offense that directly concerns (A) nuclear weaponry, military spacecraft or satellites, early warning systems, or other means of defense or retaliation against large scale attack, (B) war plans, (C) communications intelligence or cryptographic information, or (D) any other major weapons system or major element of defense strategy, the accused shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court- martial may direct.
    (2) An entity referred to in paragraph (1) is--
    (A) a foreign government;
    (B) a faction or party or military force within a foreign country, whether recognized or unrecognized by the United States
    (C) a representative, officer, agent, employee, subject, or citizen of such government, faction, party, or force.
    (3) A thing refereed to in paragraph (1) is a document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, note, instrument, appliance or information relating to the national defense.
    (b) (1) No person may be sentenced by court-martial to suffer death for an offense under this section (article) unless--
    (A) the members of the court-martial unanimously find at least one of the aggravating factors set out in subsection (c); and
    (B) the members unanimously determine that any extenuating or mitigating circumstances are substantially outweighed by any aggravating circumstances, including the aggravating factors set out under subsection (c).
    (2) Findings under this subsection may be based on--
    (A) evidence introduced on the issue of guilt or innocence;
    (B) evidence introduced during the sentencing proceeding; or
    (C) all such evidence.
    (3) The accused shall be given broad latitude to present matters in extenuation and mitigation.
    (c) A sentence of death may be adjudged by a court-martial for an offense under this section (article) only if the members unanimously find, beyond a reasonable doubt, one or more of the following aggravating factors:
    (1) The accused has been convicted of another offense involving espionage or treason for which either a sentence of death or imprisonment for life was authorized by statute.
    (2) In the commission of the offense, the accused knowingly created a grave risk of substantial damage to the national security.
    (3) In the commission of the offense, the accused knowingly created a grave risk of death to another person.
    (4) Any other factor that may be prescribed by the President by regulations under section 836 of this title (Article 36).

  • Article 107. False official statements.
    Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent to deceive, signs any false record, return, regulation, order, or other official document, knowing it to be false, or makes any other false official statement knowing it to be false, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 108. Military property of United States--Loss, damage, destruction, or wrongful disposition.
    Any person subject to this chapter who, without proper authority--
    (1) sells or otherwise disposes of;
    (2) willfully ore through neglect damages, destroys, or loses; or
    (3) willfully or through neglect suffers to be lost, damaged, sold, or wrongfully disposed of;
    any military property of the United States, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 109. Property other than military property of the United States-- Waste, spoilage, or destruction.
    Any person subject to this chapter who willfully or recklessly wastes, spoils, or otherwise willfully and wrongfully destroys or damages any property other than military property of the United States shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 110. Improper hazarding of vessel.
    (a) Any person subject to this chapter who willfully and wrongfully hazards or suffers to be hazarded any vessel of the armed forces shall suffer death or such punishment as a court- martial may direct.
    (b) Any person subject to this chapter who negligently hazards or suffers to be hazarded any vessel of the armed forces shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 111. Drunken or reckless driving.
    Any person subject to this chapter who operates any vehicle while drunk, or in a reckless or wanton manner, or while impaired by a substance described in section 912a(b) of this title (article 112a(b)), shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 112. Drunk on duty.
    Any person subject to this chapter other than a sentinel or look-out, who is found drunk on duty, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 112a. Wrongful use, possession, etc., of controlled substances.
    (a) Any person subject to this chapter who wrongfully uses, possesses, manufactures, distributes, imports into the customs territory of the United States, exports form the United States, or introduces into an installation, vessel, vehicle, or aircraft used by or under the control of the armed forces a substance described in subsection (b) shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
    (b) The substances referred to in subsection (a) are the following:
    (1) opium, heroin, cocaine, amphetamine, lysergic acid diethylamide, methamephetamine, penecyclidine, barbituric acid, and marijuana, and any compound or derivative of any such substance.
    (2) Any substance not specified in clause (1) that is listed on a scheduile of controlled substances prescribed by the President for the purposes of this article.
    (3) Any other substance not specified in clause (1) or contained on a list prescribed by the President under clause (2) that is listed in Schedules I through V of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 812).

  • Article 113. Misbehavior of sentinel.
    Any sentinel or look-out who is found drunk or sleeping upon his post, or leaves it before he is regularly relieved, shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, by if the offense is committed at any other time, by such punishment other than death as court-martial may direct.

  • Article 114. Dueling.
    Any person subject to this chapter who fights or promotes, or is concerned in or connives at fighting a duel, or who, having knowledge of a challenge sent or about to be sent, fails to report the fact promptly to the proper authority, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 115. Malingering.
    Any person subject to this chapter who for the purpose of avoiding work, duty, or service--
    (1) feigns illness, physical disablement, mental lapse or derangement; or
    (2) intentionally inflects self-injury;
    shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 116. Riot or breach of peace.
    Any person subject to this chapter who causes or participates in any riot or breach of the peace shall be punished as a court- martial may direct.

  • Article 117. Provoking speeches or gestures.
    Any person subject to this chapter who uses provoking or reproachful words or gestures towards any other person subject to this chapter shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 118. Murder.
    Any person subject to this chapter whom without justification or excuse, unlawfully kills a human being, when he- -
    (1) has a premeditated design to kill;
    (2) intends to kill or inflict great bodily harm;
    (3) is engaged in an act which is inherently dangerous to others and evinces a wanton disregard of human life; or
    (4) is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of burglary, sodomy, rape, robbery, or aggravated arson;
    is guilty of murder, and shall suffer such punishment as a court-martial may direct, except that if found guilty under clause (1) or (4), he shall suffer death or imprisonment for life as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 119. Manslaughter.
    (a) Any person subject to this chapter who, with an intent to kill or inflict great bodily harm, unlawfully kills a human being in the heat of sudden passion caused by adequate provocation is guilty of voluntary manslaughter and shall be punished as a court- martial may direct.
    (b) Any person subject to this chapter who, without an intent to kill or inflict great bodily harm, unlawfully kills a human being--
    (1) by culpable negligence; or
    (2) while perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate an offense, other than those named in clause (4) of section 918 of this title (article 118), directly affecting the person;
    is guilty of involuntary manslaughter and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 120. Rape and carnal knowledge.
    (a) Any person subject to this chapter who commits an act of sexual intercourse with a female not his wife, by force and without consent, is guilty of rape and shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.
    (b) Any person subject to this chapter who, under circumstances not amounting to rape, commits an act of sexual intercourse with a female not his wife who has not attained the age of sixteen years, is guilty of carnal knowledge and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
    (c) Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete either of these offenses.

  • Article 121. Larceny and wrongful appropriation.
    (a) Any person subject to this chapter who wrongfully takes, obtains, or withholds, by any means, from the possession of the owner or of any other person any money, personal property, or article of value of any kind--
    (1) with intent permanently to deprive or defraud another person of the use and benefit of property or to appropriate it to his won use or the use of any person other than the owner, steals that property and is guilty of larceny; or
    (2) with intent to temporarily to deprive or defraud another person of the use and benefit of property or to appropriate to his own use the use of any person other than the owner, is guilty of wrongful appropriation.
    (b) Any person found guilty of larceny or wrongful appropriation shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 122. Robbery.
    Any person subject to this chapter who with intent to steal takes anything of value from the person or in the presence of another, against his will, by means of force or violence or fear of immediate or future injury to his person or property or to the person or property of a relative or member of his family or of anyone in his company at the time of the robbery, is guilty of robbery and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 123. Forgery.
    Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent to defraud- -
    (1) falsely makes or alters any signature, to, or any part of, any writing which would, if genuine, apparently impose a legal liability on another or change his legal right or liability to his prejudice; or
    (2) utters, offers, issues, or transfers such a writing, known by him to be so made or altered;
    is guilty of forgery and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 123a. Making, drawing, or uttering check, draft, or order without sufficient funds.
    Any person subject to this chapter who--
    (1) for the procurement of any article or thing of value, with intent to defraud; or
    (2) for the payment of any past due obligation, or for any other purpose, with intent to deceive;
    makes, draws, utters, or delivers any check, draft, or order for the payment of money upon any bank or other depository, knowing at the time that the maker or drawer has not or will not have sufficient funds in, or credit with, the bank or other depository for the payment of that check, draft, or order in full presentment, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct. The making, drawing, uttering, or delivering by a maker or drawer of a check, draft, or order, payment of which is refused by the drawee because of insufficient funds of the maker or drawer in the drawee's possession or control, is prima facie evidence of his intent to defraud or deceive and of his knowledge of insufficient funds in, or credit with, that bank or other depository, unless the maker or drawer pays the holder the amount due within five days after receiving notice , orally or in writing, that the check, draft, or order was not paid on presentment. in this section the word "credit" means an arrangement or understanding , express or implied, with the bank or other depository for the payment of that check, draft, or order.

  • Article 124. Maiming.
    Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent to injure, disfigure, or disable, inflicts upon the person of another an injury which--
    (1) seriously disfigures his person by a mutilation thereof;
    (2) destroys or disables any member or organ of his body; or
    (3) seriously diminishes his physical vigor by the injury of any member or organ;
    is guilty of maiming and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 125. Sodomy.
    (a) Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration , however slight, is sufficient to complete the offense.
    (b) Any person found guilty of sodomy shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 126. Arson.
    (a) Any person subject to this chapter who willfully and maliciously burns or sets on fire an inhabited dwelling, or any other structure, movable or immovable, wherein to the knowledge of the offender there is at the time a human being, is guilty of aggravated arson and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
    (b) Any person subject to this chapter who willfully and maliciously burns or sets fire to the property of another, except as provided in subsection (a), is guilty of simple arson and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 127. Extortion.
    Any person subject to this chapter who communicates threats to another person with the intention thereby to obtain anything of value or any acquittance, advantage, or immunity is guilty of extortion and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 128. Assault.
    (a) Any person subject to this chapter who attempts or offers with unlawful force or violence to do bodily harm to another person, whether or not the attempt or offer is consummated, is guilty of assault and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.
    (b) Any person subject to this chapter who--
    (1) commits an assault with a dangerous weapon or other means or force likely to produce death or grievous bodily harm; or
    (2) commits an assault and intentionally inflicts grievous bodily harm with or without a weapon;
    is guilty of aggravated assault and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 129. Burglary.
    Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent to commit an offense punishable under section 918-929 of this title (article 118-128), breaks and enters, in the nighttime, the dwelling house of another, is guilty of burglary and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 130. Housebreaking.
    Any person subject to this chapter who unlawfully enters the building or structure of another with intent to commit a criminal offense therein is guilty of housebreaking and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 131. Perjury.
    Any person subject to this chapter who in a judicial proceeding or in a course of justice willfully and corruptly--
    (1) upon a lawful oath or in a form allowed by law to be substituted for an oath, gives any false testimony material to the issue or matter of inquiry; or
    (2) in any declaration, certificate, verification, or statement under penalty or perjury as permitted under section 1746 of title 28, United States Code, subscribes any false statement material to the issue or matter of inquiry;
    is guilty of perjury and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 132. Frauds against the United States.
    Any person subject to this chapter--
    (1) who, knowing it to be false or fraudulent--
    (A) makes any claim against the United States or any officer thereof; or
    (B) presents to any person in the civil or military service thereof, for approval or payment, any claim against the United States or any officer thereof;
    (2) who, for the purpose of obtaining the approval, allowance, or payment of any claim against the United States or any officer thereof
    (A) makes or uses any writing or other paper knowing it to contain false or fraudulent statements;
    (B) makes any oath to any fact or to any writing or other paper knowing the oath to be false; or
    (C) forges or counterfeits any signature upon any writing or other paper, or uses any such signature knowing it to be forged or counterfeited;
    (3) who, having charge, possession, custody, or control of any money, or other property or the United States, furnished or intended for the armed forces thereof, knowingly delivers to any person having authority to receive it, any amount thereof less than that for which he receives a certificate or receipt; or
    (4) who, being authorized to make or deliver any paper certifying the receipt of any property of the United States furnished or intended for the armed forces thereof, makes or delivers to any person such writing without having full knowledge of the truth of the statements therein contained and with intent to defraud the United States;
    shall, upon conviction, be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 133. Conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman.
    Any commissioned officer, cadet, or midshipman who is convicted of conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

  • Article 134. General Article.
    Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court.
  • Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.