I'm nineteen years old and last night I just realized what this saying meant. I don't know how this happened at all, I mean, I consider myself relatively intelligent and know that I'm not completely delusional, but I was stoned for the first time in ages and we drove by the Glass House Liquor Store. Contemplating what a dumb name that was for a liquor store and why anyone would choose to name their liquor store that, I thought about the little phrase and realized I'd been thinking about it all wrong. When I thought about people in glass houses, I always thought it was about people who live in houses that other people could see in, not about the shattering properties of glass. It totally blew my fucking mind, let me tell you. I felt like I had been living a lie....well, not quite. :) But it was definitely unsettling, I mean what other stuff have I been oblivious to this whole time?

There are many issues to take into consideration when thinking of purchasing, or moving into a glasshouse. Most people think of simply purchasing and moving in, but there are subtle, unforeseen consequences that need to be well thought out before hand.

The following is a list of potential issues, other than the obvious stone-throwing, that one should think through:

People who live in glass houses should not:

  • ...play indoor cricket
  • ...dress anywhere other than the basement
  • ...attempt to grow anything of an illegal nature as they can easily be spotted by passing patrols
  • ...nail picture hooks into the walls
  • ...shower unless fully clothed
  • ...practice high-pitched opera
  • ...wallpaper
  • ...perform lewd or sexual acts with the lights on
  • ...sandpaper and paint the outside walls
  • ...forget to give the house a good squeegee before guests arrive
  • ...manufacture icecream
  • ...get on the bad side of their local glazier
  • ...flood the house and breed goldfish
  • Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.