This film stars the fabulous Audrey Hepburn and the suave Willam Holden, from 1964. The film is set, of course, in Paris, where renouned screenwriter Richard Benson is writing the newest blockbuster for his producer buddy. The opening scene is full of skimpy 60's bikinis and big hair and pointy breasts aplenty. Benson is cynical and dashing and perhaps an alcoholic, but loveably so, and when Gabrielle Simpson, the ever-fashionable typist arrives, sparks automatically fly.

There are, of course, other reputable stars in the movie, like Tony Curtis and Marlene Dietrich, and Sinatra sings a partial theme song. Generally, its a marvelous story of the author and typist writing and rewriting "The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower". Something I enjoyed in particular were the references of Hepburn's other movies in the script, including Funny Face, My Fair Lady, and Breakfast at Tiffany's. Eventually, the two large and highly paid heads come together for that earth-moving, theater-filling, popcorn-selling kiss. You knew it would happen, its a romantic (if vaugely satirical) comedy. Good times.

See the movie. Love the movie. Be the movie! Well, maybe not quite so obsessive, but I love it. My favorite Thuper Ranger bought it for me, and it is definetly one of my favorites. My opinion is the one that really matters, isn't it?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.