"Lollipop, lollipop, ooh-la-la-lollipop"

repeat twice

After this, you have to stick your finger in your mouth, and make a 'pop' sound. You know what I'm talking about...

The point of all this is to immortalise Lizy's inability to do this. She gets the timing all wrong, then screams with rage, jumps up and down, rewinds the track to the desired spot, watches everyone else, scrutinising their fingers for the slightest sign of movement, the slightest twitch or twinge that may lead to a 'pop', and still gets it wrong, screams with rage, jumps up and down, etc.

She is far away now, and although I hardly ever see her, and I miss her more than I can say, I know that somewhere, on a Saturday night, when she has had too much to drink, she will be attempting to reach her Holy Grail, the 'pop' after the chorus in 'The Lollipop Song', as it has now become known.

Sometimes she even rings me up in the middle of the night and we do it together. Through the wonders of technology, I can hear her getting it wrong, screaming with rage, jumping up and down, and rewinding the track to the desired spot.

I miss you Oh Ginga One. See you soon. Love you....

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.