A friend and peer of Hal Hartley's, Nick Gomez was born in Somerville, Massachussetts in 1963. He studied at the State University of New York (SUNY) Purchase where he met Hartley and is credited as the Editor on a few of the later's films including "The Unbelievable Truth", "Trust", and the short film, "Theory of Achievement".

His debut film, "Laws of Gravity" was made in 1991 for thirty thousand dollars and shot in Williamsburg, Brooklyn over the course of twelve days. Hailed as a gritty slice of life, the film starred Edie Falco (of "The Sopranos"), Peter Greene ("Pulp Fiction", "The Usual Suspects"), and Adam Trese.

His second feature, "New Jersey Drive" (1995) was also set on the streets, only this time it was Newark, NJ instead of Brooklyn. Gomez's third feature, "Illtown" (1996), starred Michael Rapport, Lili Taylor, Isaac Hayes, and Tony Danza. Unfortunately for Gomez it was not well received.

Four years would pass before Gomez directed his next feature. In the meantime he directed various episodes of popular television shows including "Homicide", "Oz", and "The Sopranos".

Fortunately, the year 2000 saw the hit release of Gomez's fourth feature, "Drowning Mona", whose cast included Danny DeVito, Neve Campbell, Bette Midler, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Will Ferrell.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.