Buffy The Vampire Slayer Episode Guide

Season 1, episode 5

Never Kill A Boy On The First Date

Written by Rob Des Hotel and Dean Batali
Directed by David Semel
Original air date: March 31, 1997
Episode #: 4V05

Cast:
Buffy Summers: Sarah Michelle Gellar
Xander Harris: Nicholas Brendon
Willow Rosenberg: Alyson Hannigan
Rupert Giles: Anthony Stewart Head
Cordelia Chase: Charisma Carpenter
Angel: David Boreanaz
Owen Thurman: Christopher Wiehl
The Master: Mark Metcalf
The Anointed One: Andrew J. Ferchland

The Master tries to raise The Anointed One, a powerful vampire, who will be his newest weapon to defeat the Slayer. He will rise from the ashes of five dead. Meanwhile, Buffy and Giles are on the graveyard, where they find a ring with a mysterious engraving. The next day, Giles discovers that the ring has something to do with a prophecy, which is about to be fulfulled. When Buffy and Giles patrol the cemetery that evening, an airport van crashes in a car accident near Sunnydale. Five people survive the accident, but get killed when vampires arrive at the scene.

The next day, just as Buffy is about to go on a date with Owen, a guy she met in school, Giles brings her the news about the car accident: five people were killed, just as the prophecy described. One of them, a big guy with lots of tattoos on his body, was wanted for murder, so Giles suspects that he will rise from the grave. Buffy insists on going on the date, so Giles, Willow and Xander go to the funeral home to investigate the corpse. There, they run into a group of vampires. They manage to hold them off for a while, but they realize that they can't fight them alone. Xander and Willow go to the Bronze in search for Buffy. They find her and together they go back to the funeral home, to save Giles.

The tattooed man has come back from the dead as a vampire. After a fight with Buffy, he gets thrown in a cremation oven and dies. The next day, Owen asks Buffy for another date, but she tells him she can't continue their relationship, because of her being the Slayer.

The gang is relieved that they prevented a disaster, but what they didn't know is that they didn't slay The Anointed One. He is in the Master's lair, in the form of an eight year old boy, who was also killed in the van accident.

previous episode  next episode
Index

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.