Indie Rock Outfit from Athens, GA who has their big toe stuck in the Elephant 6 collective.
Lead Singer/Guitarist Jeff Mangum, who seems to be the songwriting genius of the band, has been known to date Laura from Elf Power, yet another Athens based band.
Drummer Jeremy Barnes, whose amazing playing style includes funny fish-like faces, originally hails from Chicago where he played in Bablicon.
Trumpeteer Scott Spillane, who rumor has it quit his job as a pizza dough maker to tour with the band, is also the frontman of the indie rock trio The Gerbils.
Highly talented and multi-skilled Julian Koster, originally from the band Chocolate USA, now plays instruments ranging from accordian to saw on stage. Also the mastermind behind the ever-ecclectic Music Tapes, a band whose live show and CD packaging are paralleled to their intense creativity.
Several demo tapes featuring early compositions from Jeff Mangum are floating around in cyberspace. Many of the tracks on these demo sessions are completely up-to-par with songs released on their two major releases (On Avery Island and In The Aeroplane Over The Sea). Word around the campfire is they will not be touring for quite some time. You can always drive to Athens and more than likely see them hanging out at the 40 Watt.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.