A former British Trades Union.

The Union was formed on 29 March 1891 as the National Union of Shop Assistants, but changed its name only two years later in 1893 to the the National Union of Shop Assistants, Warehousemen and Clerks in order to recognise its attempts to organise those workers. It added the "Amalgamated" in 1898 when it joined forces with the United Shop Assistants Union.

On the 1st January 1947 the Union formally merged with the National Union of Distributive and Allied Workers and the Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers came into being.

Log in or registerto write something here or to contact authors.