The seventh generation of the extremely popular WRC rally-based "Evolution" series of Mitsubishi Lancers, the Evo VII GSR is one of the best four-door medium-size sports sedans available and the direct competitor of the Subaru Impreza WRX. New to the Evo VII GSR is the Active Center Differential (ACD - an advanced electronically-controlled version of the limited slip differential) and improvements to the Active Yaw Control (AYC - introduced in the Evo IV in 1996) system that controls yaw movement in the body to improve handling. A 50% increase in flexural rigidity, optimisations to the suspension and turbocharger and improvements to the engine's induction and exhaust systems round out the list of improvements to this popular machine. While the Evo VII GSR is larger than its predecessor, the weight increase is kept to a minimum due to extensive weight-saving measures such as an aluminium bonnet.

2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII GSR

Specifications:

Cost: €25,963 (US$25,500)
Engine: 2L front-mounted DOHC turbocharged inline-4
Power: 208.8kW (280bhp)
Torque: 383nm (282.5ft-lbs)
Drive: AWD
Transmission: W5M51 5-speed manual
Body: 4-door sedan
Size (LWH): 4455/1770/1450mm (175.4/69.7/57.1in)
Curb Weight: 1400kg (3086lbs)

Performance:

Acceleration: Not available
1/4 Mile: Not available
Top Speed: 180kph (111.8mph)

Sources:
Supercars.net - http://www.supercars.net

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.