Too much gets taken for granted
any more. This is easily understandable in this fast-paced world where too few of us remember to appreciate
life's simpler joys. Years ago I was introduced to writing out periodic gratitude lists
during tough times. However, one need not be faced with adversity
to identify sources of basic personal pleasure and/or security.
Here are some things that make me smile:
- The laughter of children
- Sharing good coffee and conversation with friends
- Doing favorite crafts like beading, macrame or crocheting
- GIF hunting
- Hiding "I love you" notes for my mate to find
- Finding "I love you" notes from my mate
- Getting an unexpected email or phone call from an old friend
- Courteous fellow drivers
- The smell of fresh, clean bedsheets
Quick list addition: An instantaneous C!
on a fresh writeup!
Thanks, Girlface! ;oD