Kris Holm is one of the world's foremost mountain unicyclists, a small fringe sport involving mountain biking trails and unicycles. He is a seven time U.S. National Unicycling champion, holds the official world unicycle sidehop record and is well known on the North Shore trails (well, they claim that they're trails) of Vancouver.

Among his many achievements Kris has descended El Pico de Orizaba in Mexico, North America's third highest peak, done stuntwork at the edge of 2000 foot cliffs in Squamish, B.C. and become the world's first and only professional, sponsored mountain unicyclist in the world (Norco Factory Trials Team).

He is also the world's only unicyclist starring in mountain bike movies, starring in Unizaba, which chronicled his descent of El Pico de Orizaba, Skilletto, which was shown at the 2001 X Games and the Banff Mountain Film Festival as has Unizaba. He has also appeared in Kranked III - Ride Against the Machine and on Ripleys Believe it or Not, Fox Sport's You Gotta See This and Real TV. He also recently appeared in an ad for a job hunting web site on CBC during the 2002 Olympic Games.

.

.

Sources --

The Norco Factory Trials Team: Kris Holm (http://www.norco.com/team/trials_kholm.htm)

http://community.webshots.com/user/danger_uni

The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.