High heels have always been one of the favorites of women who consider heels not only as a fashion statement but also the only sort of footwear that speaks for them. They have been serving innumerable aspiring beauties since ages and have retained their name and fame throughout. They have never been out of fashion especially because of the onset of a huge variety and shapes that only changes the way the shoes look but the fashion quotient remains all the same. Their specialty lies not only in the fact that they add oomph and grace to not only a women’s dress but also her figure.

Function of High Heels
Heels are primarily meant to raise height of an individual wearing them. They add to the beauty of the toes and the legs making them look longer and slender. Mostly worn for aesthetic reason, they are also worn as part of the dress code meant for dancing or formal occasions. Contemporary ideas of high heels consider them as sexual props, highlighting women’s breasts and buttocks.

Types of High Heels
High heels can be listed into seven categories namely:
• Cone, marked by its noticeably narrow tip and round heel
• Puppy, showing a heel of a height of two inches and square shape
• Kitten, representing a slim heel of about two inches
• Wedge, occupying the space below arch and heel of the foot
• Prism, known for three flat sided designs taking the shape of a triangle
• Spool, which is broad at the sole, broad at the tip and narrow in the middle
• Stiletto, showing slim and small heel with a height of varying range

Range of High Heels
Heels of a height ranging above 2.5 inches to 3.5 inches are usually considered as high heels. According to the apparel industry a height of 2 to 5 inches is enough to represent high heels. However, wearers who follow shoe fashion trends might not consider heels less than 6 inches as high.

High heels have reportedly shown good results by showing improvisation in muscle tone of women’s pelvic floor in turn curing urinary incontinence. It helps to tone the muscle of the pelvic area retaining its contractile power.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.