GaETC- Georgia Educational Technology Conference

A yearly event attracting over 4,000 educators (esitmated) interested in the use of technology in the classroom. Primarily an event for K-12 educators and technologists, the conference focuses on education best practices, information sharing, training, and technology vendor contact.

In April 2001, the event was scheduled for Savannah, Georgia, whereas it had previously been located in Macon, Georgia. Many attendees stay in the host town for the entire week, taking in not only the conference, but also the local sights and flavors.

Concurrent Sessions (miniature information sessions) are offered as part of a low-cost one-fee admission in combination with an exhibits pass. These sessions are led by both technology vendors and educators and vary in detail and discipline.

Workshops are available for additional charges. These workshops are quite often led by well-known public speakers or industry key players.

The exposition floor is part of the base price admission and boasts an impressive number of technology and education vendors attending. Exhibitors represented in the past have included Epson, Cisco Systems, Apple Computer, PBS Video, N2H2, and Barnes and Noble.

Current information on GaETC can be found at http://www.gaetc.org/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.