About a 30 minute car ride south of Berlin center - which for me is Tiergarten, YMMV - is one of the best pinball (mostly) arcades that I have ever visited. It is in a non-descript industrial area in a giant steel shed more suited to being a warehouse or a car repair business. Inside you will find a beautifully and lovingly curated set of almost sixty pinball tables guaranteed to have at least one of your favorites. On the way in you pay a suggested donation of ten euros and find a set of industrial fridges stocked with beer (1 freaking euro per beer!), wine and soft drinks on the honor system, as well as bowls of free snacks. You put a paper thingy on the neck of your beer with your name on it - there are tables scattered around where to put your beer down, none of this ridiculous cupholders attached to them like in arcades in the states, and keep tabs on how many you have on it.

The tables run the gamut from classic tables such as Eight Ball from 1979 through the most beloved classics such as Theater of Magic, Twilight Zone, Adams Family, Indiana Jones - both the wide and slim versions - Medieval Madness. Arabian Nights etc. through modern tables like Game of Thrones, Munsters etc. All are in great to mint working condition and repaired by the in-house staff - even while you wait!

Besides the pinball machines they also have a couple of notable and unusual video games that I had never seen in the flesh like a four player coffee table style Pac Man game where you can eat the other players and a physical Pong game!

A full list of tables can be found here https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/10143-flipperhalle-berlin-berlin-berlin
Their website is at https://www.flipperhalle-berlin.de/index.php

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.